I try really hard to take good care of my nails. I have some pretty terrible habits (like picking obsessively at my cuticles), so sometimes that takes a little extra work. The products below are my top five nail care product essentials.
- Karma Naturals nail polish remover is nontoxic and made in the United States. You can read my full review here. I love this product. It’s nourishing, smells wonderful, and does a great job removing both dark polish and glitters. A remover that can tackle black polish and glitter is an absolute must for me, and I am so happy that I’ve found a natural product that works.
- Julep’s lavender tinted Brighter is Better nail treatment helps hide nail discoloration and contains lemon extract that, over time, physically brightens your nails. Lemon peel oil helps add moisture and shine, and hexanal strengthens to prevent peeling and splitting. I received this product in my July Maven box, and once I got used to the neon violet tint, I decided I really liked it. Like all Julep polishes, this one is 5-free and vegan.
- ORLY argan cuticle oil is some of the best I’ve ever used. It’s intensely moisturizing and absorbs quickly. I apply this to my cuticles and nails every night. A little bit goes a long way, and I love the drop applicator.
- Lemony Flutter was the first LUSH product I ever used, and it got me hooked for life. As always, LUSH products are cruelty-free.
- I personally notice a huge difference in the health and condition of my skin, hair, and nails when I take a daily biotin supplement. I am currently trying out Olly Undeniable Beauty, but I’ve also used MegaFood’s Skin, Nails, & Hair blend, which happens to be made close to home. Consult a nutritionist or health care professional if you’re concerned about supplements. Your needs might be different from my own.
Of course, products can only do so much. Your general state of health affects the appearance of your nails and skin so much more than anything you apply externally. I do my best to eat right and stay hydrated, but a little help on the outside is always appreciated.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: