Nota bene: Friday Favorites post often contain a few affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of the sales made through the use of those links below. If you’d like to have your product featured here, and feel like you’d be a good fit for girldust, please feel free to contact me! I’d love to work with you! ♥
- This chocolatey orange lip scrub from LUSH has been a post-winter savior. This particular flavor is an Easter-only item, and I’m really disappointed that I didn’t think to buy more than one. I love it so much! I might try to scoot back into the Harvard Square location before class on Monday next week and grab another. Will they still have it? I don’t knoooow!
- I’ve fallen hard for Pacifica’s Indian Coconut Nectar scent, which is a delicious warm blend of vanilla and coconut. I use this new hair and body spray every single day. Pacifica is 100% vegan and cruelty free. This smells like summer.
- This tee from Pretty Nobody Co hits me right in the feels. It’s my life.
- Boy Bye is a new spring shade from Trust Fund Beauty and it’s gorgeous.
- If you’re in need of new flip flops this summer, do yourself a favor and buy a pair of Sanuks. Trust me. I am a former flip flop hater. Three years ago, the Yoga Mat flips changed my life. I will never stop talking about these. Shown here is the Yoga Mat Webbing.
- I would very much like to read this book now, please and thank you. May 30!?
- Weird Beard Candle Company released a new batch of scents earlier this week. Float On is officially on my wishlist! I need it! Please somebody feel free to buy me ten of them. When I was a kidlet, the rootbeer scented scratch n’ sniffs were my favorites. And honestly, the smell of root beer is still pretty darn euphoric for me.
- I’ve recently become obsessed with Humm Kombucha. You can find it at Target and it’s basically… kombucha for people who are new to kombucha? Mainstream booch? I don’t know. It’s very sweet, almost like soda. My favorite is the coconut lime. I choose to be low key about my kombucha drinking, because it gives Teej the major heebie jeebies, but this stuff is treat city.
- Are you a fiddler? I’m definitely a fiddler. While I tend to go for things like doughy or squishy fidget toys (kinetic sand is my favorite thing), these 3D printed gadgets from AntsyToys look like they’re so much fun!
- I received a fun box of new-to-me cosmetics and skincare goodies from Ulta in the mail, and I can’t wait to share the unboxing with you! This is the summer I learn how to actually paint my face! I hope you’ll come along for the ride. I’ve got a tiny sneak peek up on Insta.
- It’s still National Park Week! Entrance to all National Parks is free this weekend. Go explore!
Hello, my dust sprites. If you’re reading this, I hope you are well. It’s been awhile since my last Unboxing post! So let’s just dive right in, shall we?
Love Goodly is a bi-monthly box full of healthy, eco-conscious (all vegan) brands. Each box contains 5-7 mostly full-sized products, and is currently priced at $29.95. The selections include beauty, wellness, and lifestyle products. You can read previous reviews here. This season’s box was a collaboration with Liz from My Subscription Addiction, and it includes two of my favorite natural beauty brands: 100% Pure and One Love Organics. The April/May box is valued at over $125.
I’ve been excited about this one!
One Love Organics – Love Springs Eternal Youth Preservation Serum $75 value
This is such an indulgent addition to my bedtime routine. I’ve been using it for a few evenings, now, and I definitely feel pampered. Three pumps of product is enough for my face and neck.
100% Pure – Maracuja Black Tea Mascara $25 value
I use mascara even on days when I’m not putting on a “full face” of makeup, so I go through it relatively quickly, at least in comparison to the rest of the products in my cosmetic bag. I also really enjoy trying out more “natural” brands, when it comes to things I use daily. I love the smell of this one, and it’s perfect for a minimal makeup look. 100% Pure has a number of other mascara options, if you’re not into the tea scent (I know a lot of people don’t dig it as much as I do).
100% Pure – Bright Eyes Mask $7 value
I’ve been wanting to give these eye masks a try, so this was a nice surprise! I’m interested in anything that will minimize my dark circles and make me look more awake. I’ll let you know how it goes on Insta.
Sorry I don’t have a photo of this one. It’s already hanging in my shower! I love using konjac sponges on my face for extra exfoliating power, but I’ve never used a large one like this. This was actually a well-timed surprise; I’ve been looking for a plastic-free alternative to replace my body pouf. This comes with a suction cup hook for the shower that I’m still trying to come up with an alternate use for.
Juice Served Here – $10 coupon
I may or may not use this. My finances are not currently in such a state that allows me to spend that much money on …juice …over the internet. So… we’ll see.
Coupon aside, each item in this box is something I needed or wanted, and I will definitely use it all. That’s really the best thing about Love Goodly. The selections have been consistently thoughtful and high quality. This is a beautifully curated box, and I’m still making use of products from previous boxes!
Let me know if you’d like to see more Unboxing or more detailed reviews on individual products! I’d love to get back into the habit, so any input from you would be greatly appreciated. Have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!
2016 was a year of eco friendly and cruelty free discovery, for me. I thought I’d return from my lengthy and accidental blogging hiatus by sharing some of my new favorite beauty products.
While I am an omnivore, cruelty-free (no animal testing) personal care products are a top priority. The products listed below all happen to be vegan, too, but I do use products that make use of animal ingredients (like beeswax and goat’s milk) fairly regularly. I’d also like to note upfront that this is not a sponsored post. These are just companies that I feel really good about supporting!
- Hurraw! Balm Papaya Pineapple 100% natural / certified vegan & cruelty-free / GMO-free / made in the US $4.49
If you’ve been reading this blog for a bit, or if you follow me on social media, you are probably familiar with Hurraw! I’ve definitely gushed about them before. This company is good people. The Papaya Pineapple was a new variety to me, this year. It’s a tube of tropical perfection in my snowbound New England. I want to keep one in my purse, and one in the car, and one… you get the idea. Whenever I order from Hurraw!, I order four or five tubes, and they have always included a free balm with my purchase. This time around, because it had been a while, I also received a very sweet handwritten note on my invoice that said, “Naomi’s back!” I can’t say enough good things. If you can’t find Hurraw! balm at a local retailer, it’s absolutely worth ordering through the mail.
- Trust Fund Beauty Nail Lacquer vegan & cruelty-free / 10-free / GMO-free $15
My nail polish collection has been toxin free and animal friendly for about six years, now. It includes a variety of brands in all price ranges (proving that the way you choose to spend your dollar 100% counts, because ten years ago the options were incredibly limited). I discovered Trust Fund Beauty over the summer, and this brand is now at the top of my list when it comes to polishes. My first purchase was Hot in the Hamptons, an ultra bright shimmery pink, perfect for summer. I immediately fell head over heels for the coverage and durability of this product. This is the first polish I’ve used in ages that didn’t just chip off immediately. I’m looking forward to purchasing a couple nude shades (including pictured, Bitches Who Brunch) when I have the budget for it.
- Zao Organic Volume Mascara 100% natural / cruelty-free / free of petroleum derivatives and parabens $33.20
I’ve used a few different cruelty-free mascaras, but never anything quite so luxurious. The price point reflects the quality, and for the one cosmetic item I use almost daily, I do think it’s worth it. I love the bamboo packaging. I received this in a Love Goodly subscription box!
- OSEA Malibu Atmosphere Protection Cream 100% natural / vegan & cruelty-free / made in the US $48
Oh my goodness. So. To be honest, the name of this product made me giggle a bit when I first got it (another amazing Love Goodly subscription box item), but it is so, so good. I will never giggle at it again. This is not something I can afford to replace at the moment, and I am incredibly sad to see that my bottle is nearly empty. This is honestly the nicest daily moisturizer I have ever used. It smells great, it feels great on my dry, sensitive, and aging (bwamp bwamp) skin, and it’s full of nourishing ingredients.
- Schmidt’s Deodorant Rose + Vanilla Stick certified vegan & cruelty-free / free of aluminum, parabens, and phthalates / made in the US $8.99
I finally found my dream deodorant. I’ve been using strictly natural deodorants for the last four years or so. It’s been a bit of challenge finding the right one for me. Flash forward to the release of this particular scent (in stick form), and I decided to give Schmidt’s another go, after not being 100% in love with their jar formulas. I am so thankful that I did just that. Natural deodorant is tricky, for a lot of people. It’s something that’s really important to me, so I’ve kept at it over the years. The price point is right, I love the ridiculously girly scent, and this product actually works.
- Acure Ultra-Hydrating Body Wash certified vegan & cruelty-free / paraben & sulfate-free / $9.99 (price varies)
I discovered this after searching for the “best moisturizing body washes” when it started to get cold. I’m never looking back. I do, admittedly, feel a little guilty about the plastic bottle (because we’ve been really good about using bar soaps with minimal packaging since I moved into the house), but this product really is incredible. And it smells so good.
I’m really pleased that I managed to discover some new things over the last year, even if a couple of them are definitely out of my price range right now. It’s important to me that I continue to support the companies that are ethical and genuine, and that the self care products I use regularly are ones that I can feel good about, in more ways that one.
Love Goodly is a bi-monthly box full of healthy, eco-conscious (all vegan) brands. Each box contains 5-7 mostly full-sized products, now priced at $29.95. You can read previous reviews here. This summertime box, benefitting Cure Cervical Cancer, is valued at $98. It is so, so worth the bi-monthly investment. I’ve tested a number of subscription boxes over the years, and this one has been my absolute favorite. It’s been the only box that has consistently given me a variety of products I love or, at the very least, have found useful.
Blissoma Solutions – Awake Facial Moisturizer $25.99 value
This is the second time I’ve gotten a luxe facial moisturizer from this subscription, and I absolutely love that. This moisturizer is a 100% natural, botanical recipe with antioxidants, vitamins, and firming herbs. It firms, de-puffs (yay!), and brightens. This is a great daily moisturizer and works well under makeup.
Novica – Sterling Silver Ribbon Earrings $41.99 value
Novica is an online marketplace dedicated to fair prices and supporting global artisans. These earrings are made by Thai artist, Pichaya. I think I’ve found my new every day earrings! I am in love with these. I mentioned in my first Love Goodly box review that jewelry is a bit of a risky item to include in subscription boxes, and I am so thankful that I love both pieces I’ve received so far. I wear my bracelet from that first box almost daily!
Miracle Tree – Moringa Tea in Strawberry $6.95 value
This light strawberry tea has arrived just in time for summer! Moringa leaves contain over 90 nutrients, including 47 antioxidants, 25 vitamins and minerals, and all 8 essential amino acids. This stuff is crazy.
Juice Beauty – Glowing Cheek Color in Pink $16 value
I rarely wear blush, but this pink is subtle, fresh, and shimmery. I will definitely be adding it to my routine.
Orglamix – Eco Chic Fan Brush $7.50 value
This vegan friendly brush with its bamboo handle is perfect for blush and highlighter, and is a really thoughtful addition to this box.
Interested in trying a Love Goodly subscription? The next box ships August 15! Sign up here! Boxes are $29.95, billed bi-monthly, or you can pay in advance for a bit of discount.
Just how many millennia has it been since I posted a manicure of the week or a polish review? This one is exciting!
This bright pink shade from Trust Fund Beauty is going to be on my fingers all summer long. Hot in the Hamptons is a hot, hot pink with a touch of shimmer. Even though I’m normally a neutral polish kind of girl, this is a dose of happiness every time I look down at my hands. I can’t get enough. It’s nice to have a bright color in my polish arsenal. I’m a little out of my comfort zone, in a good way. Pink is secretly (sometimes) one of my favorite colors. Don’t tell. I’m complicated.
Trust Fund Beauty is home to 100% vegan, cruelty-free and toxin-free nail polishes, made in the US and EU. The names are cheeky, and the polishes are bright, long-lasting perfection. Each bottle costs $15, and it’s money well spent. The manicure you see in the photo is a touch up on four days of wear with very little chipping. Two coats, no topcoat (plus just the single touch up coat). This polish blows my mind. Trust Fund Beauty is definitely an indy cosmetics company worth supporting. These three polishes on my wish list:
London Snog, Why U Mad Tho?, Bye Felicia
Non-toxic and cruelty-free beauty is incredibly important to me. I have a strict set of standards when it comes to my infrequent (but enjoyable and necessary) cosmetics and body care purchases, and with so many options available, in all price ranges, there’s no reason not to be picky. I’m so happy to have discovered this company. While there are now quite a few toxin-free nail polishes on the market, Trust Fund is now officially in my top three (along with LVX and SpaRitual).
What polish colors are you wearing this summer?
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: