Nota bene: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of any sales made through shopping the links below. Thanks!
I have a lot of posts and projects on the back burner, right now. My body can’t really keep up with my brain. I feel like I need ten extra hours in a day, mostly so I can sleep through them without feeling guilty.
- Is it weird to like a toothbrush? I like this toothbrush. It’s black. Whatever, dental hygiene is important.
- While shopping for part of a certain fellow’s birthday present, I found these. They also come in rose flavor, so naturally I bought both. I’ve become a big licorice fan. The fault is entirely my mother’s, I am sure. I am also sure that she’d find it hilarious.
- Terry Pratchett (author of the Discworld series, and co-author of Good Omens with Neil Gaiman) passed, yesterday. If you haven’t read any of the Discworld novels, I think you should. I’ve still only read fewer than half, but I have loved them to pieces. The Colour of Magic is a good place to start, but check out this handy chart. Mort is great, too. The man will be hugely missed. This piece from 2011 on choosing to die is an important, difficult thing to watch. Coming to terms with death is one of my biggest challenges, and I am so awed by people who tackle the idea with intelligence and dignity. Frankly, I’m a frightened crybaby.
- I bought a
fewlot more Jamberry wraps. Teej actually said my nails looked cute, the other day, which is nice because I assume that boys don’t notice things like nail polish. Timeless and Tungsten are both new for spring. YES, dark colors for spring. I will never stop saying that.
- I would like to own this Takashi Murakami pillow. Once upon a time when I was a young, pale, black-haired little oddling (circa 2003), I had the pleasure of seeing a Murakami exhibit at the MFA in Boston. It was one of the greater moments of my life. I visited for free multiple days in a row, thanks to my MassArt student ID.
- Red booties? Red booties.
- Yes, please, to this tunic.
- I love this anatomical heart wax seal. I worry, probably rightfully so, that the art of writing letters is long dead.
Happy Friday the 13th, by the way. ♥
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: