Nota bene: The following post contains some affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through the use of those links.
- I can picture myself living in this forest green cardigan from ModCloth. It’s got a hood!
- I love the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia. It had been on my “must see” museum list for years (every good museum nerd has one), and I finally had the opportunity to visit a couple birthdays ago. It was everything I hoped it would be. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s Mütter inspired perfume, Umlaut, is available exclusively in the Mütter shop. The decription: “A mélange of balsams, leathers, and raw vanilla designed to evoke images of unearthed secrets and dusty, ancient libraries. An old fan favorite is once again brought to life within the Mütter Store and is the perfect scent to inspire memories of scanning the exhibits.” So. I probably need that.
- I love this stone and silver Earthshine ring by Shadow House.
- Yes to this black floppy wool felt hat. I’m looking forward to getting my hair trimmed and shaped so hats no longer look weird.
- This month, Julep brought back their black crème polish, Johnny. It’s basically the perfect black. All Julep polishes are 5-free and vegan-friendly.
- Oh. My. Goodness. I love Pam Wishbow‘s work. I think we need the protector sigil banner hanging in our house.
- These floral print ankle booties are so cute! Most of my clothes are basic and black, so I like the idea of adding a little color and detail with shoes or accessories.
- I think I’ve shared this earring set made by metalsmith Joanna Szkiela before, but I’m still in love. Her work is stunning.
- I wish we had a bathtub, because I’d love to try Lush’s new Guardian of the Forest bath bomb. Maybe Tj’s parents would let me borrow theirs?
I’ve been reading and drawing a lot this week, which has been pleasant enough. I can’t say I’m producing anything worth sharing, but it feels good just getting the kinks out. I don’t know if drawing is something I’d want to return to full time. My attention span just isn’t what it used to be; doing anything full time seems daunting. I’m all over the place. It’s something I’m working on.
Happy weekend, everyone.
I still have the two tank tops I bought when Simka Sol was Bark Decor (Astral Teepee and Wolf Totem, which have both been seen briefly on the blog, on my torso). Sara’s business has grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years, and I will forever be in love with her handmade (right here in New England) pieces. You can purchase Simka Sol on etsy or shop the Spring/Summer collection here.
These are some new favorites. I am obsessed with the “Oracle” print. I’m not sure if you can tell.
Read more about Simka Sol here.
Nota Bene: This post contains some affiliate and sponsor links. I will receive compensation for any purchases made through the links below. I appreciate your clicks! I hope you have the loveliest of weekends.
A reboot! Friday Favorites is back! Retail therapy. Lately, my money is being stashed for gradschool and our end-of-August camping trip. I’m happy with this, but there are always things to dream of. I have a hard time letting go of my desires for material possessions. I think that will always be a work in progress. Also interesting to note: my style is becoming more and more feminine as weeks go by. Admittedly, there is a part of me that worries my short hair makes me look a little more androgynous than I would like to appear. That’s not to say I haven’t skirted the line in the past and enjoyed it, but these days, I am feeling comfortably soft.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: