Nota bene: The following post contains some affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through the use of those links.
- I can picture myself living in this forest green cardigan from ModCloth. It’s got a hood!
- I love the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia. It had been on my “must see” museum list for years (every good museum nerd has one), and I finally had the opportunity to visit a couple birthdays ago. It was everything I hoped it would be. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s Mütter inspired perfume, Umlaut, is available exclusively in the Mütter shop. The decription: “A mélange of balsams, leathers, and raw vanilla designed to evoke images of unearthed secrets and dusty, ancient libraries. An old fan favorite is once again brought to life within the Mütter Store and is the perfect scent to inspire memories of scanning the exhibits.” So. I probably need that.
- I love this stone and silver Earthshine ring by Shadow House.
- Yes to this black floppy wool felt hat. I’m looking forward to getting my hair trimmed and shaped so hats no longer look weird.
- This month, Julep brought back their black crème polish, Johnny. It’s basically the perfect black. All Julep polishes are 5-free and vegan-friendly.
- Oh. My. Goodness. I love Pam Wishbow‘s work. I think we need the protector sigil banner hanging in our house.
- These floral print ankle booties are so cute! Most of my clothes are basic and black, so I like the idea of adding a little color and detail with shoes or accessories.
- I think I’ve shared this earring set made by metalsmith Joanna Szkiela before, but I’m still in love. Her work is stunning.
- I wish we had a bathtub, because I’d love to try Lush’s new Guardian of the Forest bath bomb. Maybe Tj’s parents would let me borrow theirs?
I’ve been reading and drawing a lot this week, which has been pleasant enough. I can’t say I’m producing anything worth sharing, but it feels good just getting the kinks out. I don’t know if drawing is something I’d want to return to full time. My attention span just isn’t what it used to be; doing anything full time seems daunting. I’m all over the place. It’s something I’m working on.
Happy weekend, everyone.
nota bene: This post contains a few affiliate links. I will be compensated if any purchases are made after clicking some of the links below!
Oh, the puns. Now that Mother’s Day is over, I feel like I can share a post about roses without it falling under the category of “Mother’s Day Stuff.” Not that “Mother’s Day Stuff” is bad or anything, but as a girl without a mom, it’s a bit out of my realm of awareness, at least when it comes to shopping. Honestly, if my mom was alive, I have no idea what I’d buy for her, now that I’m an adult woman. You always hope to make up for some of the nonsense when you grow up. Oh well. Sorry, mom.
Sometimes I wonder if my mom would have made a facebook account. Probably. My father, on the other hand, only recently got an e-mail address.
Floral scents do, actually, remind me of my mom. So maybe this is a little “Mother’s Day Stuff” after all.
I want it to be known that I like girly things and goth-y things in equal quantities. It can’t be helped. We will always be the children we once were. You will likely never see me wear pink, but I am fond of smelling like flowers and forest, and a little pink underneath is always okay.
You may have spotted some of these items on girldust in the past. I love them that much.
Nota bene: The following post contains affiliate links. I will receive compensation for any sales made through clicking some of the links below. Thanks!
- I treated myself to some art, this week. Abandoned House is from Amy Earles, and Ghost Stories Told by Foxes is from Kat Philbin. I can’t wait to frame and hang these. They’ll probably end up in our bathroom when I move in with Tj; I have a vision of a slightly muted goth powder room. Hopefully that will fly.
- I love this vegan leather tote from Free People.
- I finally bought myself a pair of low tops. Black on black. Thank you, Palladium, for having what I needed.
- I may also this rose-scented argan oil shampoo bar from LUSH.
- I not-so-secretly love shortie rompers. This one with long sleeves from ModCloth looks comfy.
- Ohhh, these cute little ruched shorts!
- I love this pin from Lazy Oaf! Ha! They also have a great Garfield one.
- This summer is definitely about being brave. It’s okay to be scared, but it’s not okay to let fear hold you back from doing good things. I think fuchsia lipstick might be an appropriate metaphor. I’ve never worn fuchsia lipstick. It seems terrifying. So let’s just do it! Passionate is also from LUSH.
nota bene: This post contains a few affiliate links. I will earn a small commission through sales made by clicking some of the links below. Thank you for supporting this blog!
Fun Fact: The world’s only cryptozoology museum is located in Portland, ME. We have never been, but it’s definitely on my list.
It’s a little surreal to be thinking about warmer weather and tank tops when there’s still 18 inches or so of snow on the ground (and more in the forecast), but Tj and I have been tossing around some vacation ideas. I’ve got travel and camping on my mind, with my sights currently set on the Pacific Northwest. Maybe?
PS. New Decemberists is pretty darn great.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: