Note bene: This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through the use of the links below!
Summer in New England is fleeting, so I am thankful that we are only now in the last days of June. The hottest days are still ahead of us, and the most fun. I am thankful, also, that my summer will stretch just a little longer with our trip to Hawaii in October. Here’s hoping I can make it through these next few months without chopping off all my hair in a sweaty tantrum. Perhaps growing out a pixie cut during the summer was not the best decision I’ve ever made. Bobby pins are my most necessary hot weather accessory. I need to start buying them by the gross.
Summer essentials are on sale up to 50% off at ModCloth through July 6. Here are some of my personal favorites.
And don’t let summer goth get you down. You can still be comfortable and on point if the shades of the season aren’t your cup of tea.
Nota bene: This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through clicking some of the links below. Thanks for your ongoing support!
- The Delano racerback from True & Co. is a perfect summer bra. Black lace forever.
- Sarah Lyons makes the cutest stuff. I received my “sad ghost” pin in the mail earlier this week. Both ghosts sold out fast, but it looks like they’re up again for pre-order. The witch hat is perfect, too.
- Black Phoenix Alchemy lab has once again teamed up with Haute Macabre to create Esbat, “a ragged canopy of moonflower and morning glory, dew-touched mosses creeping over gnarled oak roots, and shimmering beams of mugwort, cuckoo flower, and rose mallow.” The fragrance is currently available for pre-order. I love when beautiful, talented folks collaborate.
- Look, another pin! This planchette pin is from Really Man?.
- I love these sunglasses.
- To celebrate their first birthday, Insomnia Cosmetics has added 3am to their permanent lipstick collection. It was originally featured as a LE in their October “Casket Ready” collection, but pleas to bring it for good back have been kindly answered. Thank you! For those of you unfamiliar, Insomnia Cosmetics are 100% vegan and cruelty free, and made in the US (in Hawaii!). Girl bosses! I am full of nothing but love. I also have a secret crush on Moon Child.
- I have been working my way through Gut Shot, by Amelia Gray, slowly, and savoring it in the process. It’s a book of dark, visceral and poetic short stories. The book is available through Amazon, in both physical and digital versions.
- I could live in this dress by Shades of Silence. Every day. Make it my new uniform.
Blogging is a weird thing. Right? And people are weird about it. Like, okay, I don’t want to grow my “empire” and have hundreds of followers. But apparently that’s a thing? What does that even mean? What does that actually get you? I just want to talk about things I like, and maybe, just maybe make some friends in the process. Remember that sweet spot? Where making friends on the internet was something special?
I look back, though, at platforms like Livejournal, and think maybe the “empire” idea has always been present. I can’t blame the “youths.” There will always be those people. There always was. So you have to make an effort to find the right ones, your kin. I think of my “kin” all the time, the folks that have worked their way into my heart over the years.
I’ll be honest with you. I am feeling old, today. I don’t like numbers. I don’t like quantifying things.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: