Nota bene: this post contains some affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through the use of those links below. Thank you!
I’ve always really enjoyed watching “Empties” videos on YouTube, so I thought I’d give it a shot here on the blog. It’s a good opportunity to review some products I might not otherwise get a chance to talk about. It’s also some great motivation for me to focus on using up some of the products I already have, rather than purchasing new ones! What do people call that? Shopping your stash? Something like that. I’ll probably only do these posts every couple months, or perhaps seasonally? We’ll call this the late spring edition.
Here are the products I’ve finished in the last couple months. Have you used any of these? Let me know your thoughts!
As per usual, these products are all cruelty free. ♥
Hurraw! limited edition ChocoMint balm
This was a collaboration with Love Goodly in celebration of the brand’s 1 year anniversary. I got this way back in the August/September 2016 box. I usually go through lip balms a bit faster than this, of course, but I had a few going all at once. Hurraw! is my favorite lip balm of all time, and this flavor/scent combination was divine. How could you go wrong with chocolate and mint, really? I’m sad it was a limited edition (and is currently sold out on the Love Goodly website). I would absolutely buy this again if it was available. This seems more of a cool weather scent/flavor to me, so it seems appropriate that I finally used it up. In the summer all I want to smell is tropical coconut and vanilla.
LUSH Ocean Salt
I go through one or two of these a year, I guess? LUSH’s Ocean Salt is one of my very sporadic “treat yourself” items, and has been for years. I’m certain I’ve talked about it on the blog before! I always hesitate to use that last little bit in the tub. I’m still trying to work my way through a bunch of other shower products, so it’ll be a little while before I buy this again. So sad.
Mullein & Sparrow facial steam
This was another Love Goodly box item from December/January. This was a sample size, but I got about four uses out of it, so I’m choosing to include it here. The full sized herbal blend is available on the Love Goodly website, here. I mentioned this in a Friday Favorites post back in January. The herbal blend includes lavender, chamomile, rose, calendula, chickweed and comfrey, which served to both sooth my skin and relax my mind. When it comes to products like this, I know I could DIY it, so I probably won’t repurchase this. It was a great item to receive in a subscription box, though! Love Goodly has yet to disappoint.
MyChelle Perfect C™ serum
Again, Love Goodly subscription box item! This came in the December/January box, as well. I love getting serums and facial oils in my subscription boxes. It’s always such a pleasant surprise, because those products are typically fairly expensive. For example, this product retails for $44. In addition to being cruelty free, this vitamin C serum is vegan, and is made without the use of GMO’s, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, silicones, sulfates, or artificial fragrances and colors. I typically use a serum at night, but it was nice to have one for daytime use. My only issue with this product is that it smelled very much like alcohol. Also, the fact that it contains citrus oils and is intended for daytime use was somewhat worrying. I experienced no photosensitivity when using this product and going outside, but this does have grapefruit and tangerine oils in it. Use sunscreen!
OGX Weightless Hydration+ Coconut Water shampoo & conditioner
OGX has so many varieties, I can’t really keep track of it all. I bought these at Target the last time I needed new shampoo and conditioner. This brand has been my go to for some time, and I guess I don’t really have a preference. I just try to buy whatever seems appropriate for my hair type, or whatever smells the best at the time of purchase. There wasn’t anything particularly outstanding or noticeably different about these, but they do smell really nice. I always run out of conditioner before I run out of shampoo. Anyone else?
That’s all for now. I’ll return with another Empties post at the end of the summer! Thanks for reading.
Nota bene: Friday Favorites post often contain a few affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of the sales made through the use of those links below. If you’d like to have your product featured here, and feel like you’d be a good fit for girldust, please feel free to contact me! I’d love to work with you! ♥
- This chocolatey orange lip scrub from LUSH has been a post-winter savior. This particular flavor is an Easter-only item, and I’m really disappointed that I didn’t think to buy more than one. I love it so much! I might try to scoot back into the Harvard Square location before class on Monday next week and grab another. Will they still have it? I don’t knoooow!
- I’ve fallen hard for Pacifica’s Indian Coconut Nectar scent, which is a delicious warm blend of vanilla and coconut. I use this new hair and body spray every single day. Pacifica is 100% vegan and cruelty free. This smells like summer.
- This tee from Pretty Nobody Co hits me right in the feels. It’s my life.
- Boy Bye is a new spring shade from Trust Fund Beauty and it’s gorgeous.
- If you’re in need of new flip flops this summer, do yourself a favor and buy a pair of Sanuks. Trust me. I am a former flip flop hater. Three years ago, the Yoga Mat flips changed my life. I will never stop talking about these. Shown here is the Yoga Mat Webbing.
- I would very much like to read this book now, please and thank you. May 30!?
- Weird Beard Candle Company released a new batch of scents earlier this week. Float On is officially on my wishlist! I need it! Please somebody feel free to buy me ten of them. When I was a kidlet, the rootbeer scented scratch n’ sniffs were my favorites. And honestly, the smell of root beer is still pretty darn euphoric for me.
- I’ve recently become obsessed with Humm Kombucha. You can find it at Target and it’s basically… kombucha for people who are new to kombucha? Mainstream booch? I don’t know. It’s very sweet, almost like soda. My favorite is the coconut lime. I choose to be low key about my kombucha drinking, because it gives Teej the major heebie jeebies, but this stuff is treat city.
- Are you a fiddler? I’m definitely a fiddler. While I tend to go for things like doughy or squishy fidget toys (kinetic sand is my favorite thing), these 3D printed gadgets from AntsyToys look like they’re so much fun!
- I received a fun box of new-to-me cosmetics and skincare goodies from Ulta in the mail, and I can’t wait to share the unboxing with you! This is the summer I learn how to actually paint my face! I hope you’ll come along for the ride. I’ve got a tiny sneak peek up on Insta.
- It’s still National Park Week! Entrance to all National Parks is free this weekend. Go explore!
Nota bene: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting girldust!
Hello, my dust sprites. If you’re reading this, I hope you are well. It’s been awhile since my last Unboxing post! So let’s just dive right in, shall we?
Love Goodly is a bi-monthly box full of healthy, eco-conscious (all vegan) brands. Each box contains 5-7 mostly full-sized products, and is currently priced at $29.95. The selections include beauty, wellness, and lifestyle products. You can read previous reviews here. This season’s box was a collaboration with Liz from My Subscription Addiction, and it includes two of my favorite natural beauty brands: 100% Pure and One Love Organics. The April/May box is valued at over $125.
I’ve been excited about this one!
One Love Organics – Love Springs Eternal Youth Preservation Serum $75 value
This is such an indulgent addition to my bedtime routine. I’ve been using it for a few evenings, now, and I definitely feel pampered. Three pumps of product is enough for my face and neck.
100% Pure – Maracuja Black Tea Mascara $25 value
I use mascara even on days when I’m not putting on a “full face” of makeup, so I go through it relatively quickly, at least in comparison to the rest of the products in my cosmetic bag. I also really enjoy trying out more “natural” brands, when it comes to things I use daily. I love the smell of this one, and it’s perfect for a minimal makeup look. 100% Pure has a number of other mascara options, if you’re not into the tea scent (I know a lot of people don’t dig it as much as I do).
100% Pure – Bright Eyes Mask $7 value
I’ve been wanting to give these eye masks a try, so this was a nice surprise! I’m interested in anything that will minimize my dark circles and make me look more awake. I’ll let you know how it goes on Insta.
Sorry I don’t have a photo of this one. It’s already hanging in my shower! I love using konjac sponges on my face for extra exfoliating power, but I’ve never used a large one like this. This was actually a well-timed surprise; I’ve been looking for a plastic-free alternative to replace my body pouf. This comes with a suction cup hook for the shower that I’m still trying to come up with an alternate use for.
Juice Served Here – $10 coupon
I may or may not use this. My finances are not currently in such a state that allows me to spend that much money on …juice …over the internet. So… we’ll see.
Coupon aside, each item in this box is something I needed or wanted, and I will definitely use it all. That’s really the best thing about Love Goodly. The selections have been consistently thoughtful and high quality. This is a beautifully curated box, and I’m still making use of products from previous boxes!
Let me know if you’d like to see more Unboxing or more detailed reviews on individual products! I’d love to get back into the habit, so any input from you would be greatly appreciated. Have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here.