Hello, Monday! I have to share the newest offering from Ovate with you, because it’s beautiful and is giving me full on “ready for fall on the seacoast” vibes.
Photographs by Ellen Rogers // full shoot here
Shop all of the newest collection, Poèmes Oubliés, here.
Nota bene: Friday Favorites posts contain some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from any purchases made through clicking those links below. Thank you!
It’s July, which inevitably means retailers start showcasing their fall products. I spent the last decade or so in retail-land, so I am used to this and not particularly bothered. It’s also beneficial because as a girl who likes dark clothing and long sleeves, late summer is a great time to shop. The lace, crochet, and sheer pretty things I love for layering go on sale, and more black goes back on the shelves! Win.
- Carrie Bilbo’s jewelry designs are beautiful. My favorite is this sterling moth necklace.
- I love this moon return address stamp from Native Bear. Now that I have a more permanent home, I feel like this is something I could get for myself.
- Tj just bought a bunch of really cool tees from a local company, and I was disappointed when I discovered they don’t carry women’s sizes. I’ve been moping a little and making my own tee wishlist. That list includes this one (and some others) from Friendly Oak. This is one of my all-time favorite shops on etsy!
- You may or may not know, but I am definitely a big nerd. In all the typical ways. I’m proud. So. Can we talk about comic books for a quick second? The new Chilling Adventures of Sabrina series from Archie Horror is actually really great so far. It’s a darker, horror twist on the original Sabrina character, and even though we’re only three issues in, I am definitely digging it. Lots of fun historical and folkloric references, so far.
- I love this simple black cord bracelet by Maslo at Moorea Seal. Perfect every day piece.
- These shades are killer.
- The UK designer Brit-Stitch is now available in the states exclusively at ModCloth. Brit-Stitch bags come in an array of colors, sizes, and shapes. I like this black one in particular. You can check out all the available designs and learn a little more about the company here.
Okay, okay. I mentioned Ovate only a few short months ago. I know.
Check out these new limited edition pieces from this incredible Montreal designer. These are beautiful, and once again, I am in love.
I still have the two tank tops I bought when Simka Sol was Bark Decor (Astral Teepee and Wolf Totem, which have both been seen briefly on the blog, on my torso). Sara’s business has grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years, and I will forever be in love with her handmade (right here in New England) pieces. You can purchase Simka Sol on etsy or shop the Spring/Summer collection here.
These are some new favorites. I am obsessed with the “Oracle” print. I’m not sure if you can tell.
Read more about Simka Sol here.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: