Nota bene: Friday Favorites post often contain a few affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of the sales made through the use of those links below. If you’d like to have your product featured here, and feel like you’d be a good fit for girldust, please feel free to contact me! I’d love to work with you! ♥
- This chocolatey orange lip scrub from LUSH has been a post-winter savior. This particular flavor is an Easter-only item, and I’m really disappointed that I didn’t think to buy more than one. I love it so much! I might try to scoot back into the Harvard Square location before class on Monday next week and grab another. Will they still have it? I don’t knoooow!
- I’ve fallen hard for Pacifica’s Indian Coconut Nectar scent, which is a delicious warm blend of vanilla and coconut. I use this new hair and body spray every single day. Pacifica is 100% vegan and cruelty free. This smells like summer.
- This tee from Pretty Nobody Co hits me right in the feels. It’s my life.
- Boy Bye is a new spring shade from Trust Fund Beauty and it’s gorgeous.
- If you’re in need of new flip flops this summer, do yourself a favor and buy a pair of Sanuks. Trust me. I am a former flip flop hater. Three years ago, the Yoga Mat flips changed my life. I will never stop talking about these. Shown here is the Yoga Mat Webbing.
- I would very much like to read this book now, please and thank you. May 30!?
- Weird Beard Candle Company released a new batch of scents earlier this week. Float On is officially on my wishlist! I need it! Please somebody feel free to buy me ten of them. When I was a kidlet, the rootbeer scented scratch n’ sniffs were my favorites. And honestly, the smell of root beer is still pretty darn euphoric for me.
- I’ve recently become obsessed with Humm Kombucha. You can find it at Target and it’s basically… kombucha for people who are new to kombucha? Mainstream booch? I don’t know. It’s very sweet, almost like soda. My favorite is the coconut lime. I choose to be low key about my kombucha drinking, because it gives Teej the major heebie jeebies, but this stuff is treat city.
- Are you a fiddler? I’m definitely a fiddler. While I tend to go for things like doughy or squishy fidget toys (kinetic sand is my favorite thing), these 3D printed gadgets from AntsyToys look like they’re so much fun!
- I received a fun box of new-to-me cosmetics and skincare goodies from Ulta in the mail, and I can’t wait to share the unboxing with you! This is the summer I learn how to actually paint my face! I hope you’ll come along for the ride. I’ve got a tiny sneak peek up on Insta.
- It’s still National Park Week! Entrance to all National Parks is free this weekend. Go explore!
Nota bene: I am a Pura Vida Bracelets rep! That means I will receive a commission on all sales that use my coupon code (NAOMIDENSMORE20)! While my code cannot be used on Pura Vida Club subscriptions, it can be used for everything else. Thanks for your support! I love Pura Vida, and I think you will, too. ♥
It’s the first unboxing of 2017! I’m happy to kick this off with a review of the Pura Vida Club box for January. I wasn’t planning to pay any attention to this box whatsoever when it was unveiled last year, because I don’t really like surprises when it comes to jewelry and accessories. When teaser photos were shared of this month’s bracelets, though, I caved. I’m a sucker for anything with an ocean theme. Thankfully, this subscription is very easy to pause if you decide you need a break.
The Pura Vida Club box is $14.95 each month, shipped. Each month’s shipment includes three coordinated bracelets, which may include Club exclusive designs. Each bracelet is made by hand with wax coated cord, and is 100% waterproof. Charm and beaded bracelets might require a little extra care, obviously. Pura Vida provides jobs for Costa Rican artisans, supports a number of non profit organizations, and is a member of 1% For the Planet.
January’s Club included: Gold Wave Charm ($15 value), Braided Sea Nights ($15 value), Wave Chaser Original ($5 value)
I already knew I was going to love all three bracelets (the wave especially), so obviously I couldn’t be happier. These bracelets make a perfect stack, but can also easily be paired with a number of Pura Vida’s other designs. My only minor complaint with the subscription is that marketing materials are sent with every order, and I wish there was a way to opt out. As a Pura Vida rep, I like being able to give away stickers, but the extras still seem unnecessary. Still, far less waste and packaging here than with many subscription boxes! So Kudos on that note. ♥
As evident in my photos, it snowed six inches or so yesterday, so the arrival of this package was timely and very much appreciated. I needed a little brightness and color! Besides, my love for the ocean is certainly not seasonal! Honestly, this southern Maine/New Hampshire stretch of seacoast is beautiful this time of year.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: