Nota bene: Friday Favorites post often contain a few affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of the sales made through the use of those links below. If you’d like to have your product featured here, and feel like you’d be a good fit for girldust, please feel free to contact me! I’d love to work with you! ♥
Holy cow, my thirty-third (is that even right?) birthday is in less than a month. It’s been kind of a whirlwind of a summer. I’m not really ready for it to be over, yet. I’m in denial that it’s a week into September, already. Have I mentioned that I’m finally employed? And that my job is actually really cool? And that my office is on top of a mountain? What is even happening?
Anyway. More on that another time, possibly. I’ll keep this short and sweet, I think. This year’s “wishlist” may seem rather boring. I’m fortunate in that I have everything I need, and I’ve also gotten much better at being thoughtful and intentional about the things I do want. I’m getting old, I guess; boring seems alright with me. I’m thankful that I have the luxury to be this variety of boring.
- There are always a couple pieces in the PrAna Fall collection that call my name. This year, the Paradiso Cocoon top in Olive is one of them. This will probably be my present to myself.
- The new Primer Drops and Facial Powders (in the shade “Light”) from Cocokind are kind of right up my alley. You may recall my “Makeup Newbie” post from April. I have a full update on that drafted and ready to go, but I’m not sure I’ll bother sharing it. I had a lot of fun experimenting over the summer, but when it comes to cosmetics, the more natural and skincare-based a line is, the more I am willing to actually make it a regular part of my routine.
- It’s likely I’m going to need a new pair of hiking boots/shoes sooner, rather than later. I really love the Terradora from Keen.
- These days, I pretty much only rotate through three or four different pairs of earrings. It’s probably time to sort through my collection again. The Bossi Bloom earrings from Daya would serve in replacing at least two pairs I don’t wear very often.
- I would very, very much like to read this book.
Okay, so it’s gotten really chilly again. I actually pulled out my llama sweater, yesterday! Those couple warm days we had here last week totally threw me off, and I am suddenly reminded again that it is, in fact, November.
I will admit to currently being quite out of sorts. My graduate program application is due to Harvard in a little over a month, so I somehow have to figure out a way to sell myself in three pages. This semester’s class on museum finances is thankfully going well, but it’s unfamiliar territory, with a heavy focus on numbers; it’s taking a lot of effort (so much more than usual) on my part to stay engaged. The time change hit me hard. I’m still unemployed, which is slightly distressing. I’m not sleeping well. Etc., etc., insert great big sigh here. I know I can’t (and parts of winter are lovely), but I want to curl up in a ball and succumb to hibernation.
Online window shopping is comforting. Don’t judge (I know you’re not). I’m feeling ultra girly and a little bit more sensitive than usual. With the addition of a nice bottle of gin, this also serves as my own personal yuletide wishlist when the time comes around.
- I love this shade from Rituel de Fille’s new Feral collection. I would wear it every day.
- I have linked it before, but I think the Belonging to the Darkness ring from Bloodmilk is just achingly beautiful.
- This is everything I dream of in a robe.
Nota bene: This post contains a few affiliate links. I will earn a small commission from any purchases made using those links below!
I feel like it’s been a hundred years since my last Friday Favorites, but it’s actually only been a couple weeks! The short break was nice, though. I am welcoming fall with open arms. How about you?
- This velvet cardigan from ModCloth is beautiful.
- These hyper-pigmented lipglosses from Nero Cosmetics are 100% cruelty free and vegan. I like Spell Binding for its wearability and Miss Argentina because… Beetlejuice, but I would be happy owning any one of these beautiful shades. Did I mention my birthday is in a month?
- Hellooo, hat. This one is also available in burgundy.
- This skirt is made of dreams. The bats. Are you kidding me? It’s too good. Seriously, go and zoom in. I’m a size medium. Because you know. Birthday. This is another gem from the ModCloth namesake label!
- Fall scents are live at Bath Sabbath! I am all about “November Coming Fire.”
- I am loving these golden serpent barrettes from With Care. Someday, when my hair is long again.
- I’d like to add these simple gold wire hook earrings to my rotation.
Nota bene: The following post contains a few affiliate links. I will be compensated for any purchases made through the use of these links. Thank you for your ongoing support!
- I love and need this dainty double-strand sterling shark’s tooth necklace from Petitor on etsy.
- This dress, please.
- True & Co. is currently running a private affiliate-only sale, where you can shop some of their favorite styles for up to 50% off! Spend $75 or more to get free shipping. The beautiful Trove Caged set is on sale for $38.
- Lauren B. Beauty nail polish is eco- and vegan-friendly. I love this shimmery shade of gray.
- New pastels are available at Palladium! The shades remind me of My Little Pony and salt water taffy, which are two of my favorite things. The lavender Baggy is near perfection, even though I have nothing to wear them with.
- This candle seems like it would smell dreamy, and I have a soft spot for beautifully crafted, reusable vessels.
- I love this shelf! It would be wonderful for my mineral and gemstone collection.
nota bene: This post contains a few affiliate links. I will earn a small commission through sales made by clicking some of the links below. Thank you for supporting this blog!
I’ve been working through the 2015 prompts at journal 52, and it’s been really helpful in rekindling my desire to create. I’ve been on something of an extended hiatus (yea, let’s call it that). I’m one of those people who works better under limits and timelines, as I find completely open-ended projects far too overwhelming. Journal 52 has been a welcome refresher. If you’ve ever been interested in art journaling, but don’t have a clue where to begin, I recommend checking them out. The community support is wonderful, as well, though I haven’t personally shared any of my pages. Just seeing others support and help each other has been inspiring, and reminds me that the human race isn’t entirely terrible.
Actively creating has also led me to start browsing art supplies, again, which can potentially become a dangerous road (one I have traveled before). That explains why there’s a fancy pencil sharpener featured on this week’s favorites, if you were wondering. But gosh, that thing is pretty (and currently out of stock, which I guess is a good thing for my wallet).
Oh hey! There’s still a week left to enter my giveaway. All you need to do is leave a blog comment and use the rafflecopter entry form. Additional entries are available (tweet or share post on facebook)!
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: