Nota bene: Friday Favorites posts contain some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission for any purchases made using those particular links. Every little bit helps! Thank you!
- I am head over heels in love with this beautiful burgundy bra from True & Co.
- I am going to attempt this Halloween craft via Martha Stewart. Are you doing any Halloween decor projects? I would love to hear your ideas. It’s been hard to find crafts for adults that aren’t either too goofy or too gory. We’re going for a sort of mystical haunted woodland cemetery look, I think. I’m still kind of unsure.
- New cute and spooky limited edition Dunny figures are out at Magic Pony. These are blind box, as usual, but I love “The Grisly Phantom” best.
- I love the black beeswax candles from For Real Surreal Club. Their black candles are all scented with cedarwood, but they have totally natural options, too, if that’s more your style.
- I will always say yes to crochet detailing, especially in soft gray.
- Check out these beautiful handmade wooden spoons by UK-based carver Giles Newman. His instagram is full of gorgeous one-of-a-kind pieces, and his etsy shop is here.
- I don’t think I could ever really pull it off, but this cool-toned lavender shade (named “Cipher”) from Rituel de Fille is just beautiful.
I was going to totally use my death cold as an excuse not to write this post, but I decided not to be so dramatic. I actually do enjoy putting these posts together every week. Have a great weekend!
Nota bene: Friday Favorites posts contain some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from any purchases made through clicking those links below. Thank you!
- Every single one of these pins by Matt Darling is perfection. Patches and things in the shop, as well. Whatevs 4evs. A part of me is looking forward to fall, so I can put all these great pinbacks on my jacket.
- You probably know how I feel about a bra with an intricate back. This lace back bra from Free People is no exception.
- I am always on the lookout for cruelty free and nontoxic polishes, and AILA is now on my radar. Their classic black is called “House of Paine.”
- I love this leather pouch by Pine + Boon from Moorea Seal. It’s the perfect size for cash, cards, and lip balm.
- And while we’re talking about lip balm, this rose vanilla balm from Soul Sunday looks divine.
- This set of prints, “Here is the Church, Here is the Steeple,” by Nicomi Nix Turner is absolutely stunning. The limited edition prints are available for pre-order individually or as a set. Check out the artist’s website here.
- This is my dream dress. It’s possible I’ve said that about other dresses, but I haven’t really meant it until now.
Nota Bene: The following post does contain some affiliate links. Thank you for supporting girldust.
It’s almost my birthday week! Hooray! I’ve been feeling like a bit of a sad sack about the whole thing, despite my best efforts. Talk about your highs and lows, I guess. Yesterday was a rather crushing low, but today I’m on the up-swing. On a scale of 1 to 10 (which is not actually a large enough scale for this kind of thing at all), I’m somewhere around a 5? A slight step above “okay,” which I would consider acceptable. I’m eating lunch and getting things done and enjoying my book. Yesterday was an hour-by-hour struggle for survival. That sounds really dramatic, but that’s honestly how it felt.
I do think it’s going to be a good year. In the end, that does depend entirely on me. It’s my attitude and my actions that are going to make it. I may need to be slightly more accepting of help from those who are not within my tiny circle.
Timothy and I were talking on the phone about reinventing of self. I don’t know how I feel about reinventing. I do, however, like the idea of revisiting and refreshing. I am currently musing over goals for my next year on this planet. Tomorrow I need to buckle down and compose some scholarly e-mails, but tonight I’m simply appreciating the fact that the future currently exists, and that there’s a place for me in it. Like, tomorrow I will be able to write e-mails I don’t want to write! That’s pretty incredible.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: