- He is a problem solver.
- He’s a socially well-adjusted nerd. He plays Dungeons & Dragons, watches obscure anime, and has an absolutely ridiculous collection of paperbacks, but he also functions as a nice-smelling member of society. I have been acquainted to many a nerdy gentleman; there is a lot to be said for this.
- He makes me laugh.
- He encourages me. He has supported many of even my most passing dreams and ideas.
- He is not a knight in shining armor. He is a beautiful and flawed human being, and that is so much better.
- He genuinely values my help and advice; I value his.
- He challenges me to be a better version of myself.
- I can absolutely, 100% see myself growing old with this person.
- He is the best person to travel with.
- I have loved every single book and movie he has ever suggested to me.
There are so many more reasons. There are more than I could ever think to write down. I am certain that every person is thankful for his or her partner, and I imagine that even some of the reasons are the same as my own, but I still consider myself incredibly fortunate to have this particular fellow in my life.
I am also feeling thankful that he will be home for this holiday (and probably Christmas, too)!
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here.