While wrapping Timothy’s birthday gifts for the end of March (I obsess over birthday gifts, and always start early), it suddenly dawned on me that I turn thirty in just a couple short years. Lots of internet blogging friends and role models have started (or finished!) their “thirty before thirty” bucket-lists. I have so much I’d like to accomplish before I hit the big three-oh, so I thought it might be nice to take a stab at the list, myself.
Learn to drive.[finished a AAA learner’s course October 2013]
- Get my license.
- Move in with T.
Grad school[started at Harvard Extension School January 2014, degree program work starts in the fall] If grad school does not pan out, take some graduate level courses on audit.
- Make surfing a regular part of summer routine. Stand up. Conquer fear.
- Produce art on a regular basis. Finish pieces. +
- Have artwork shown.
- Learn to make a couple recipes fantastically.
- Get a library card.
- Go up in hot air balloon.
- Get my tattoo.
- Give blood.
- Hike the local mountains.
- Go camping.
- Visit Redwood National Park.
- Dip my toes in the Pacific Ocean.
Purchase a quality pair of leather knee boots. [purchased Keen Ferno High Boot in black, March 2014]
- Take a yoga class.
- Build something.
- Learn to knit.
Get health insurance. [February 2014]
- Clean out my belongings from Dad’s house, sell/donate what I don’t need.
- Try a restaurant’s tasting menu.
- Replace the “basics” (tanks, tees, leggings, socks) in my wardrobe with ethically produced/environment-friendly versions, and start to build a quality lingerie collection.
- Look into the potential of opening a gallery (?)
- [So Far Silly TOP Secret Creative Culinary For-Fun Project]
Complete a 5k.[Color Run, 26 September 2013]
+ Bonus (as part of no. 07):
Submit books for 2014 and 2015 Sketchbook Project
Some of these things are for fun, some are a bit more serious, and some are just things I simply haven’t done yet.
You can follow my progress by checking out entries tagged “thirty before 30.”
I rather like the idea of turning thirty. I’m confident that the next few years will be lovely for me, no matter what happens. I am in a good place. I guess when I was younger, I thought I’d have my life a little more, you know, together by now. I think my definition of “together” may have changed since then.
Also, I am pretty sure I thought twenty-five was old. Ha.
I’ll post progress updates occasionally!
PS. My tenth high school reunion is this summer. I am going to go home to Hardwick Vermont and cling to my best lady friends (one got married over the summer with a ginger-haired baby soon due, one is in law school for fun, one is a teacher/guidance counselor who frequently travels to London). Nota Bene: graduating class of approximately seventy, union school.
Thanks for stopping by. My name is Naomi, and this space is made of girldust. This blog is a picture of my comfortably scattered life on the coast of Maine. I'm trying to be a slightly better version of myself every day. I like old houses, reading, the ocean, ghost stories, and museums. You can learn a little bit more about me here. Follow along elsewhere, or get in touch: